How do we start using the device?
Once you receive your devices, plug the AC adapter into a wall outlet and connect the charger to the charging port (on the device). Charge the device for at least 10 hours before the first use. When charging, the battery LED will remain solid red. When fully charged, it will turn solid green. When the device is done charging, disconnect it from the charger and use a pen or Phillips-head screwdriver to press the power button to turn the device on. The power button is located on the bottom in a small black rubber hole. Please take the device and place it on the dashboard of the vehicle, facing skyward, and take the device on a test drive for 20-30 minutes.
What do the different flashing light indicators mean?
- Case 1: Flashes Green once every 3 seconds to indicate it is powered on.
- Case 2: Flashes Red once every 3 seconds to indicate low battery.
- Case 3: Consistent Red light indicates charging.
- Case 4: Consistent Green light indicates charge is complete.
- Case 5: Flashes twice continuously indicates the tamper switch has been triggered.
- Case 1: Consistent Green light indicates a GPS signal has been acquired.
- Case 2: Flashes Green to indicate searching for GPS signal.
- Case 1: Consistent Orange light indicates the unit is connected to the GSM network.
- Case 2: Light off means it is not connected to the network.
Note that the GSM indicator will not be valid for the first 30-60 seconds after turning the device on.
How do I know if the device is charging?
When charging, the battery LED will remain solid red. When fully charged, the light will turn solid green.
How do I activate the device?
Information will be emailed to you for activation. Login to the cloud software using the information provided.
Where is the best place to put the device?
The device will always give the most accurate location data when it has a clear view of the sky. It is capable of transmitting and receiving through materials like glass, plastic and cloth, but it is not able to transmit through metals. Keep this in mind when placing the device. Avoid placing the device in a trunk or trailer of a vehicle. It may or may not report from a glove compartment or underneath a seat. This can vary from vehicle to vehicle.